Saturday, March 05, 2011

Seni Seviyorum, Turkiye

When one of my former Turkish tutors, Isil texted me if I was interested to help with the Turkish Language Olympics booth at the Turkish Cultural Carnival, I immediately said Yes! I've not seen any of them for a very long time and was looking forward to this encounter again.

The Carnival wasn't only on the Turkish culture but we had people from South Korea, Poland, Turkmenistan, Indonesia, Egypt etc coming over and setting up their own booths there. And the foods on sale made my mouth water and made my appetite turned into a hungry monster.

I had the chance to meet my former tutors, Sumeyra and Isil and their other friends. Met the other Malaysian participants of the Olympics, the batches after me (2008). And the kids who were there were soooooo adorable! I felt like kidnapping one home. The handsome guys, too. Hehehe.

I realized how much I missed Turkey. The beautiful people, the delicious food, the resplendent views of the country. I had an 'American Dream' and I also had a 'Turkish Dream'. My mum would probably kill me for saying this but I dream to marry a handsome, hunky Turkish man, move to Istanbul and have pretty Turkish babies together. Yayyerr =p

Turkey, I will come and visit you again. One fine day. Gorusuruz, Turkiye!

With Sumeyra and Isil, the lovely Turkish ladies who taught me how to speak the language.

A few of the adorable kids who were there. Turkish, Polish and African little boys.

At the Turkish booth

With the girls from Kazakhstan (or was it Turkmenistan)

Musical tribute to Kazakhstan

Ahh, once upon a time ago. The poster from 2008

No comments: