Monday, May 05, 2008

excitement and exhaustion

I had 6 hours of lessons yesterday. No, it wasn't the typical Add Maths, Bio etc. kind of lessons. I had 3 hours of vocal lessons with Aunty Sue and another 3 hours of Turkish lessons with my Turkish 'sisters' with minimal breaks between the 6 hours. From 11 am till 5pm and by the end of the lesson, I felt totally exhausted and nauseated. I could throw up all over the floor if I hear anymore Turkish words for the next few days. I mean, Turkish is a beautiful language and everything but after 6 freaking hours of learning, saying and singing the words, I'm sure you'll get sick of it too.

I'm actually going to Turkey in 2 weeks time! Yay!! And I still can't believe I'll be competing with people from 100 over countries around the world in a......singing competition! Haha well there's always a first time for everything so yea I might as well make the best out of this competition 'cause chances like this are hard to come by.

Now, I'm busy preparing for my mid term exams after skipping A LOT of classes but lucky me I'm not going to sit for all the exams 'cause I'll be somewhere else (you know where) so there's no need to study everything....for now.

Nunu made an interesting comment on the chatbox about the recent Wira debate 'one door closed, two doors opened'. We didn't get to represent Selangor in the Wira but like she said other doors opened up for us. WIRA debaters went through a lot of things, both sweet and bitter experiences were tasted together. At the end of the day, we went back with unique friendships and invaluable experiences that will stay with us for the rest of our days. What Nunu said was right. By getting 1st runner up, we didn't totally closed the doors but we get to enter different opened doors.

Ahh yes, another thing. My SWEET 16 is coming up soon. This Sunday actually. So that's another big event I'm looking forward to. Perhaps after my Turkey trip ends, I can get some rest 'cause right now I'm having a burnt out due to excessive work done during debates and also practices for the Turkish Language Olympics.

I can seriously drop dead anytime soon.

No comments: