Friday, March 05, 2010

SPM Results Jitters!

So it has been reported that SPM 2009 results will be released next Thursday, 11th of March 2010. My stomach has been churning ever since I knew of that news.

Funny how paranoid and jittery we can be when the results day is nearing. I've had a few nightmares of my own already. Few nights back I dreamed I only got 2 As for my SPM. Imagine that! And to add insult to injury, my dad also had his own nightmare. I happened to get zero for my Add Maths paper in his dream. Talk about being even more spooked! Hah.

It's hard to believe that all those 11 years of formal education boil down to this one result, the last month of madness. Those years of studying (or not studying) culminate into the 9 or 10 or more subjects you took for SPM. What you did in the examination hall in that one month will more or less make or break your future and determine the road you're taking next.

But what if a slight misreading of a passage or question were to amount to a huge mistake, one which you didn't realize until it was too late? What if even after months of memorising and hard practice, some facts of the answers just slipped out of your mind while you were doing the questions? What if, what if and what if?

With one week to go before my results are being known, there's nothing else I can do other than tawakal and pray for the best. Really. I've already discussed my post-SPM life with my parents and we've decided that we're not gonna limit our options to anything. Which means, if I do come across a roadblock ahead, I would have no qualms turning around and taking another road, no matter how unfavourable it may seem. As long as it'll take me where I want to be.

IF I can't score a good scholarship anywhere else (even with the Bumi quota. Hehe), then the next biggest possibility for me is to read Law in IIUM. It has the best Law Faculty in the nation. So, why not eh?

You might be seeing me in a tudung sometime soon then ;)

Oh, and good luck for your results! God-willing, we'll get what we worked and prayed for.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear friends

We do not agree with this year BRITs 2010 decision.

Please go to see our little survey

http://micropoll.com/t/KDqOnZBCWt

Lady Gaga can not be better than Nina Hagen

Poll supported by BRIT awards 2010 sponsor femmestyle
[url=http://www.femmestyle.ch/earcorrection.html]ohrenkorrektur[/url]

PRINCE HARRY WISHES HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BRIT AWARDS
With a special birthday message from Prince Harry for the 30th Anniversary of the BRIT Awards

Andrew Loh said...

iium has the best debate team/coaching in the malaysian uni circuit! so boleh tahan jugak ;)

Faridah said...

Thank you Andrew. :)
I think one of the push factors for Zaf to consider IIUM is just that.We'll wish her all the best tomorrow.It will be just the beginning.Good luck gal.I'll wait with granny at the ward.Pls don't play-play on the phone and reveal me scary news.Kalau dapat all As, cakap dapat all As.Kalau betul as in your dream: 2As (or zero in your dad's), it's OK.We'll brave it together.It won't be the end of the world.So many private colleges screaming for our money :))