Saturday, July 17, 2010

People of UIA

This is specially for the people of UIA.

When I first came to UIA, I hated the place. I couldn't do this, I couldn't do that. I always referred to it as the 'dungeon'. And then I walked into this classroom of people who came from different walks of life with colourful characters and differing opinions. Yet, we could still gelled together.

Two months had been a short period of time but it had been wonderful because of the classes and the people I met along the way. I hope our friendships wouldn't just end after we have stepped out of the classroom but they'll continue even after we have long left the place.

Before I left, some of us gathered for a farewell lunch at Jaya One.

Some of my classmates who were there

These people had done some amazing stuffs in their lives. And I'm sure they will continue to do so.

With Nabilah and Mar

My besties in UIA, Mar and Nabilah. We're so like-minded yet so different in many ways. It's amusing, really. You girls had made my time there much more interesting. All those illegal boy-hunting, the constant "Oh my god, he's hot!" screams from the both of you, the dinners and lunches at U Cafe, the random and hilarious BBM voice notes you girls sent.

MAR, you had been a great listener. I remember how you were so supportive and helpful of me when I first got to know of the Shell offer. You hooked me up with your JPA-scholar (Econs) friend and your uncle just so I could ask more questions about the field. We spent an hour in the empty library, talking about passion and the 'fire of the will'. Your story of how you survived SPM gave me inspiration on what I should do next. And you convinced me in so many ways on why I am indeed making the right choice and that I should not have any regrets.

Mar, you will go far in life not only because you're a wise girl but also because of the kindness of your heart. You're one of the nicest, sweetest people I've met in my life and I was fortunate enough to have met you here. Remember how you told me our duty is to always give to others and then Allah will give back to us? I think as long as we hold on to that, we will be alright no matter where we are. So, get your LLB and go be the chocolatier that you've always dreamed of. You deserve to be someone you want to be. That, and so much more.

NABILAH, we've met before but we never really became friends until we came here. Thank you for making my drowsy morning classes slightly interesting with your Omegle stories. Hehe. And girl, you sooo deserve someone who will love you for who you are, one that will not just 'try' to make things work but will actually do it, someone who will treat you the way you should be treated. He is out there, somewhere. Just don't force it. You know how good things come to those who wait? You'll see for yourself soon =)


AINI, you are a sweet girl with a beautiful heart. When we had our first meal at Nando's and you told me that experience you went through, you just astounded me with your strength and patience. I can tell you're someone who puts others before you and I think that's what makes you beautiful too. Keep it going, girl!

SYAMIR, we had been friends since we were in Form 1 and we're probably the only one in our clique that got 'thrown' into the same place. Lucky us! I had to leave but I'm sure you'll be alright there. Study hardcore gila babs while you're there so one day, I can see you as the doctor with the white coat in one of our hospitals. Just like in the photo above.

ABDUH, you have one of those characters that girls would actually die for in a guy. Big guy with an even bigger heart. You were one of those who urged me to take the offer, you reminded me how things like this only happen to special people and come by once in awhile. You said, "This short acquaintance would be one I remember. I'd always thought scholars are snobbish smart-alecks until I met you. You're not smart, you're actually intelligent." Words can't describe how wondrous you are and if there's anyone from one of us who could take over as the Chief Justice of Malaysia, it's YOU.

SARAH, so elegant and poise. My Krash Pad partner from UIA. You know I didn't mean the 'Big Mama' jokes right? ;) But you're smart, beautiful and astounding. Anything else won't matter when you have all that. Hope to see you very soon. At Krash Pad, perhaps.

AMALINA, you know you're an amazing girl. You know you're capable of so many things, that you could carry the mountain on your shoulders if you wanted to. But there are times when you doubt yourself too much. Don't, please. Good luck with all the MeLEX work. I'm sure the mock trial in particular would be a great success in December. It is time that you become the boss of your own :)

AISHAH, funny how we met when we were in Standard 4 and then got separated during secondary school and then got reunited again here. You're still the sweet, pretty girl I had always known so keep it that way, kay?

IMAN, I stumbled across your blog the other day and I was amazed at how poetic and deep your writings can be. Don't stop writing those things, they'll help you survive in this structured, rigid world of law. And semoga bahagia ke anak cucu-cucu dengan si dia. Hehe.

SADDIQ, you're passionate about so many things. Never had I met anyone who was so fervent about Malaysia and his school. RMC-bred, hardcore debater, staunch supporter of the government. That's an explosive combination. I'm sure you'll be THE politician of our time, soon.

HARRIS, you can become an explosive combination just like your roommate too. Good luck with your debating career here in UIA. I look forward to seeing your name and the rest in the newspapers for winning some prestigious debating cup overseas or something. Also, make sure you take good care of your precious girl. Hehe.

SHAFIQ, you're a mysterious dude, for sure. Probably because I did not have the chance to get to know you better but nonetheless, I hope you'll survive in this world of law and morality.

IMRAN, you're so blur and funny laa. I know you're confused whether you should be a lawyer or take up that MARA offer of aeronautical engineering (betul tak?) and sometimes you feel like being a bartender (so I've heard). But whatever it is that you choose at the end, I'm sure you're gonna be great at it. Go, Imran!

SYURA COUNCIL members, how lucky I was to be part of your family. You showed me what friendship, teamwork and hardwork really meant. It's a pity I couldn't stay longer with all of you but I'm sure you would all manage well even with one member out. Though I'm just glad I wouldn't have to go through those super-late 1a.m. meetings =p

To the rest, thank you for being such awesome coursemates. There was a reason why we all met in the first place and one day, when we meet again, let's pray that we will become somebody that the ummah can look up to. That, when I see the CEOs of companies, big-shot lawyers and judges, ambassadors etc in the future, I could point out and say, "Heyy, he/she was once my classmate in UIA." Insyaallah.

This is not a goodbye. It's a 'see you later'.

P/S I just realized from the photos above that I've actually gained weight from my time there. Grr! =(

4 comments:

ahmad syamir akif said...

thank you except gambar aku, aku nampak eee -.-

Ashiqin Rosselly said...

kenapa lelaki-lelaki kat UIA hot-hot? Nak berkenalan boleh? Dengan Syamir. Hee maluu. ;b

Nik Nor Zafirah said...

Syamir: Nahh, you look fine la. Maybe because the photo a bit blur kot.

Ashiqin: Haha hot ke. Not bad la ;) Nak berkenalan dengan Syamir je? You sure you don't want something more? Hehe.

Ashiqin Rosselly said...

oh you know me that well, do you? ;)