Thursday, January 06, 2011

Cheers to 2011!

Hello! Been awhile eh? Honest to goodness, I did want to write a post prior to New Year but the Internet modem went Ka-boom! when lightning struck the line. Managed to get some Internet connection now by tethering the Blackberry into a modem. Smart no? Hehehe.

Anyywaayy, it's not too late to wish everyone 'Happy New Year!' is it? Of course not, it has only been 6 days. I hope you had a glorious time ushering in the New Year. I know I did. More on that when I've a proper internet connection that doesn't crawl slower than a pregnant turtle.

In retrospective, 2010 had been a grand year for me and I would go as far as to say it had been one of my best years. The 5 months break post-SPM was a time where no other breaks could beat. It started off slow but it began to pick up pace towards the end. I got myself involved in various volunteering stints with MERCY Malaysia, Krash Pad and an orphanage home nearby. And I still do come back to Krash Pad once in awhile to see the kids and help around with their projects sometimes.

Then came March 2010, SPM results. And with that came along the daunting, tedious scholarship-hunting process. I devoted the next one month to researching on scholarships, filling up forms, scanning documents, writing personal essays etc. It was tiring and frustrating at the same time particularly when your hard work was met with a lot of rejections. But Alhamdulillah, I did hit a jackpot with Shell Overseas Scholarship and I couldn't be any more thankful :)

2010 was a year of saying Hello to new friends and Goodbye to old friends. Most of us had to part ways with our high school friends as we each went on our roads to pursue our higher education. They're scattered all over Malaysia now with one in Perlis, another in Perak, some still stayed within Selangor but further away etc.

But before the scholarship offer came, my fate took a detour and I first ended up in IIUM, the PJ campus doing Foundation in Laws. Only 2 months were spent there but they were well-spent. Saying goodbye was the hardest part when you had to leave the amazing friends you made along the way and the interesting classes you sat in everyday. Speaking of IIUM, I was just there last night to watch their mock trial. More on that later. When I've a proper Internet connection, duhh.

Then came the new world: KYUEM. It's a totally separate entity from IIUM and after a semester spent there, I grew to love the place and the people even more. Though I've to admit, I kinda dread the new coming semester which will start in approximately...5 days. But KY and the new semester deserves a separate post so yes, more on that. Later.

Other good news within the family: Papa finally got promoted to the post he had been working on for so long and Ibu has been awarded with her Professorship and I'm a proud daughter because of these two :)

Other heart-wrenching news: We were tested with God's challenges when He took away some of us. My beloved grandfather, arwah Tok Ayah passed away in May '10 after a long battle of numerous diseases. Then a dear collegemate and petbrother, arwah Syazwan Asyraf lost his battle after 2 weeks in coma. May Allah bless their souls.

Nevertheless, 2010, thank you, you had been a wonderful year and definitely a year that I'll remember for a long time to come. Thank you Allah for blessing my family and I with such wonders and rezeki. You did test us with a few bumps and hitches along the way but they only made us stronger and also, made us realize we always need to go back to You, no matter what happened.

Here's to another great year ahead of us! Cheers to 2011!

Stay tuned for more updates :)

No comments: