Thursday, July 09, 2009

Me and Michael Jackson on Astro


Something interesting happened today. I was interviewed by Astro Awani for their Gala TV programme at my house. My mum, too.

And guess what was the interview on? Michael Jackson! Mhhm yea. Astro Awani is doing a special coverage on Michael Jackson for the next 2 weeks so we were both interviewed on MJ's influence on the entertainment industry and on us, personally.

Well, I was never a huge fan of Michael Jackson but I've been exposed to his songs since I was 5 years old. I related my kindergarten story to the reporter where we used to sing 'Heal the World' at our annual concert. And how I was constantly mesmerized with his incredible dance moves especially the sensational 'moonwalk'.

And so, when the news of his death came, I was surprised (like most of us were) but I was hoping that his death would be a kind of closure to his turbulent, troubled life.

Let us not remember him as Wacko Jacko, the plastic-surgery maniac but let us remember him as the legendary icon who not only entertained us with his beautiful music but inspired us in so many different ways.

Oh, and don't forget to tune in to Astro Awani (channel 501) this Sunday (or maybe next Sunday) at 6.30 pm for the interview =D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

R.I.P. MJ

Spider said...

RIP, MJ.

(Hey Nik, u hopped into my blog once, rmmber?)

Nik Nor Zafirah said...

to anonymous: may god bless his soul

to spider: yeap i remember. i still hop to your blog every now and again too =)