Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Your words won't hit me like swords anymore

I once dreamed of the day where people's opinions and talks won't matter to me. And I once dreamed of the day where I would stop trying so hard to please and impress other people just so I could prove myself.

I think that day has finally arrived.

A good friend told me what this other friend said about me. It wasn't pleasant and it struck a cord with me at the same time. But I see where he's coming from. For someone who thinks too highly of himself, it is of no surprise that he always see the fault and flaws of others but never his own.

I could have gone mad and ballistic with his unkind comments but I decided it won't be worth it. I'm done trying to please everyone, him included. I've learned that pleasing one person is never enough, you gotta do the same to everyone else.

So say what you want to say but your words will no longer hit me like swords.

Because the day where I turn my back to your ruthless, callous remarks and thoughts is finally here.

2 comments:

Faridah said...

sapa yang jahat tu? Mari kita report ke polis (for harassment).Stay cool.

Nik Nor Zafirah said...

hahaha nooo need for polis la.

but im definitely staying cool =D