Monday, August 31, 2009

Al-fatihah

There was a death in my family yesterday.

My dad's aunty, Tok Su passed away due to kidney failure and while it wasn't something so sudden, it still took us by surprise to know this great woman had left us behind. I guess that's what death does to us, no matter how well we prepare for it. I didn't even get to go to her burial, was in bed asleep when my parents got the news and they rushed off without me.

No one knew this but I cried for a minute for her when I found out about the news. I wasn't very close to her but I used to go to her house after school when I was younger, around 11 and 12 years old. She would always ask me after school, "Dah makan? Sekolah macam mana?" (Have you eaten? How was school?). Tok Su was always smiling, a woman who hardly hurt the feelings of others. It wasn't hard at all to fall for her kind-hearted nature.

But her death happened during Ramadhan so that tells you something, no? Only the most loved ones are taken away during the holy month.

May Allah bless her soul.

Al-fatihah.

1 comment:

Faridah said...

Honey, sorry we didn't include you.Papa wanted to fetch you but I thought you'd want to study for your exams so I said tak payahlah (picturing you merungut2 cos' the funeral and burial preps would be long hours)Communication breakdown.So sorry!But our doas for her will sampai, InsyaAllah.