Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Eid

We were celebrating the Eid-ul Adha (Hari Raya Haji) on Monday. It was supposed to be a day to commemorate the willingness of Prophet Ibrahim to sacrifice his son, Prophet Ismail as an act of obedience to Allah. As he was about to sacrifice his son, Allah intervened and instead provided a lamb as the sacrifice. This is why today all over the world Muslims who have the means to, sacrifice an animal (usually a goat or a sheep), as a reminder of Prophet Ibrahim's obedience to Allah.

But this year's Eid wasn't as joyous or as fun as before. I didn't even get to do my Raya prayers at the mosque since it started too early and we arrived a lil too late!

Anyhoowww here are a couple of pics. Pardon me for the lack of images since I wasn't in the mood for photography. Heh.


We have monkeys at my grandma's place in Raub. No kidding!

The males in the morning of Eid

No comments: