Monday, March 23, 2009

A defying act

I, for the first time in my 5 years in high school, defied the system that has been a suffocation and a nuisance to most of us. Here's what happened this morning when I walked into the school gates.


Prefect: Excuse me, but you're late today. (The prefect was ready to jot down my name in her notebook)

Me: I'm late? What time do you consider people late?

Prefect: Umm...7.26 or 7.27 am.

Me: Last time I checked the time before I got out of the car was 7.25 am. Don't tell me it took me one minute to step into the school compound from the front entrance. I arrived just in time. NOT late.


And I walked away from the lines of prefects, with them staring after my back. Hah, take that! I have nothing personal against the 'blue people' but really, sometimes they're just too much. Like their main scrutiny is to complicate our lives even more.

Oh, your socks are too short. Oh no, your nails are too long. Excuse me, your fringe is an inch longer. Hey, you're late!

Every minute and inch matters to these guys.

3 comments:

Andrew Loh said...

YES LAH GOOD GIRL!

anis.hanna.alia said...

oooooooooooooh saya lovee you doinks!

nunu said...

fuyo gangster siut haha