Tuesday, May 05, 2009

17...coming soon!

My Sweet 16 days are numbered. In approximately a week, I'm gonna turn 17. That's a pretty big number, no?

This year's birthday will be a modest one. I had a magician and floral tea-party for my Sweet 16 but this time around, it'll be a small, quiet celebration with friends or family, perhaps. What with exams coming and all, no time to party like a rockstar.

If 16 was the year to hoo-haa around, 17 is the time to ponder and reflect on who you are, what you have, where should you go, your dreams and ambitions etc.

I'm blessed with so many things. I had the opportunity to taste more of life and experience new things for the past 16+ years. I have a supportive, loving family and I'm surrounded by equally loving, caring friends.

I'm still searching for myself. It's too early to tell who you really are anyway. But I think I roughly know who am I. I'm a girl who has my own insecurities and fears and weaknesses. But at the same time I believe I possess some strengths and vigors that will perhaps bring me somewhere great in the future.

I sense that 17 will be an interesting, awesome year. You're not quite an adult, but you feel like you've left your childhood behind (reminds me of Britney Spear's "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman").

It's an awkward stage of adolescence: of multiple homework and SPM's stress, of cute, heart-warming crushes, of fights with your parents, of all-nighters, of fond memories of beautiful friendships, of tears and mood swings -- and hopefully, of non-stop new adventures and discoveries.

I'm slowly turning into a lady from a young girl. There'll be so many facets to being 17. And I can't wait to experience them all!

Sweet 16 days

Memories that last a lifetime

Me a year ago

Lovelies!

3 comments:

passeyby said...

happy early bday! :)

Nik Nor Zafirah said...

thanks!

Anonymous said...

happy 17th bday!