Tuesday, May 12, 2009

7teenth Rebirth

I'm 17 today. Another minute passes by. Another day. Another year. How time flies!

My 17th birthday was celebrated with my parents at Senses, Hilton KL. It's an Australian cuisine restaurant with the signature 'Fresh From the Farm'. When they said 'Fresh From the Farm', they meant that alright. The food was darn expensive (the bill amounted to RM 600) but they tasted like they came straight from the chicken/duck coops. Raw and uhh...fishy. After the dinner, I felt like I have lost all my SENSES and wanted to vomit. Tak sedap langsung!

And the waiters came out singing a tuneless 'Happy Birthday' with a complimentary birthday cake, my name spelled as 'ZaRIfah'. Sedih betul.

But anyway, it was better than nothing right? I still enjoy turning 17 and I'm making a mental note not to go to this restaurant again. You should too.

And on my 'seventeenth rebirth', I just have one humble wish : That I will pass through the ordeals and trials that come along with being seventeen. Right now, it is with God's grace and continuous supply of vitamins that have kept me alive.

Wai Meng was the first to call me up to wish 'Happy Birthday' at 9.30 pm on 10th May. A lil too early but equally thoughtful. Thank you!

To those of you who wished me, thank you and I love you. To those who did not, well I forgive you. I know we're all too caught up in our exam moments now.

Happy Birthday, Nik Nor ZaRIfah! (eja nama pun tak betul)

The trio family

My duck dinner that tasted like real, raw duck. Ugh!


The cod tasted a little better

Dessert was too sweet

Hilton's pool

Like father, like daughter eh?



Birthday gal =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday my friend!

LIPS said...

happy birthday zafirahhh!!!!

Wai Meng said...

"Happy Birthday, Nik Nor ZaRIfah! (eja nama pun tak betul)"

syukur

bukan zirafah.

Sabreena Nordin said...

hey zafirah! :)

Nik Nor Zafirah said...

anonymous & LIPS: thank you!

wai meng: thanks...and zirafah? classic -_-

sabreena: heeyy sabreena! omg been awhile!