Saturday, June 14, 2008

A day for fathers

Yesterday was my parents 21st anniversary. Wow! 21 years. That's a big number. Their marriage ain't perfect but then again no marriage is perfect. They fight and argue but at the same time they continue to love each other no matter what. We went out for dinner tonight at the Cinnamon, a restaurant at OneWorld Hotel and while the food wasn't that great, we had a fun time laughing, catching up on our lives and just happy being a...family.

One day I hope I would marry someone as great as my dad. I hope I would be with someone who would love me as much as my dad loves my mum. And I hope to have a husband who loves and cares for our children as much as my dad loved and cared for me.

I bought my dad boxers as a Father's Day gift. It might seem funny but that was one of the few things that had a reasonable price tag to it. Ahh well it's the thought that matters, isn't it? HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to papa and to all the fathers out there. We thank you for all that you have done for us and we will always love you. :)

No comments: