Sunday, June 21, 2009

A pledge for a greener world

There was a 'Tree Party' at the Kota Damansara Community Forest, just 5 minutes away from my house. The party was in conjunction with World Environment Day and it had radio DJs from Hitz.fm, Era.fm etc and our local MPs pitching in their efforts to raise enviromental awareness.

There was kayaking, hiking and tree-planting, among others. And I just realized how beautiful the place is and how lucky I am to be living so close to the 'green lungs' of Kota Damansara.

I'm not much of an enviromentalist but I try do just as much. I turn off the tap while brushing my teeth, I reuse and reduce the use of plastic bags and I switch off the electrical appliances when not in used. Sometimes, the small steps do count too.

For more info on KD Community Forest, check it out here.

Kayaking on the lake at the community forest

That's me and Mum on a kayak

Green life

President of WildAsia giving his speech

A local indie band performing

A picture of serenity

No comments: